Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Funny Brother

Matthew sent this email to my Mother yesterday documenting his road trip with my dad to Canada. They are picking up a friend there and headed on to Alaska. He is such a goof! I couldn't stop laughing! Enjoy

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Prusak [mailto:matthew.prusak@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 2:36 PM
To: cprusak@digis.net
Subject: Day 1 and half of day 2

Alaska Travel Log

Sunday Day 1:
3:00- depart. Dad puts on radio to FM 100.3 for Sunday music. I have to bite
my tongue and not yell at him because he starts singing. It's raining like a
beast and our windshield wipers kinda suck. We just turned onto I-15 and we
can't see anything because of the rain. I say a prayer in hope that the
rain will calm. Almost immediately the rain stops. Just another moment that
strengthens my testimony of the power of prayer. Some crazy guy just cut us
off. We are listening to a guitar medley of Come Thou Fount of Every
Blessing, and I can feel the spirit so strongly.
3:06- Dad just peed his pants... Not really, the water bottle he opened
exploded all over the front of his pants! :)
5:30- lava hot springs Idaho exit. Dang sister Eifert's brownies are
amazing! We fill up with gas and use the rest room. So far so good.
6:20- Windshield wiper malfunction during rainstorm. There is a fly
constantly pestering us. Dad gives his most earnest vow that this fly will
not live to see tomorrow.
6:47- It takes real skills to eat fried chicken and potato salad while
driving.
7:07- Still hunting the demon fly.
I missed a chance to let the fly fly out of the window. Dad says it's
alright, and that death is it's only escape
7:36- fly terminated. Specimen was a worthy foe, but ultimately, resistance
was futile.
7:39- we find our attempts at termination were less than effective. The war
continues.
7:41- fly down and twitching, prognosis foretells pain and death. Fly enters
a comatose state of living.
7:44- we have found that the specimen was not alone. Another fly discovered
and we are sorely vexed.
8:08- just entered Montana and passed over the continental divide.
8:11- time of death. Partner in crime terminated.
8:19- car in front of us is illegally impeding traffic.
10:08- spectacular sunset, beautiful colors. We stopped at a rest stop just
before butte Montana for the night. I'm super excited to sleep in the van
tonight. (hopefully you caught my sarcasm). Had scriptures and prayers. We
are going to try to have a missionary experience with pete and hopefully
something will come of it. We made a goal to read our scriptures and pray
every night. Dad gave me a pair of earplugs saying "trust me, you'll
need them". maybe he snores worse than I first guessed.Tomorrow we're going
to try to make it to Claresolm Canada by noon. We will hopefully be on the
road by 6:00 AM.

Monday Day 2

6:00 AM - dad woke up and started driving. I remained asleep in the back of
the van. We crossed the Missouri river about 6 times while I was asleep.
9:30- dad gets tired so we switch driving. I drive until 11:00. I drove
through a rainstorm and that was kinda scary.
11:10- we enter Canada and learn about dry-land farming. We see a group of
Hutterites being detained at the border. We figure they were smuggling
contraband chickens. I see fields of beautiful yellow flowers. I later find
out they are called rape seed. Commonly used canola oil is produced from
rape seed.
11:36- we past the road to Cardston where a Mormon temple was build in 1911.
Mom and dad ended up getting married at this temple in 1983. It's overcast
and rainy so I can't see the mountains that dad always brags about.
Apparently the Utah Rockies are foothills compared to the Canadian Rockies.
11:41- we indulge in another one of sister Eifert's brownies and almost die
because they are so amazzzzzzing.


DARK KNIGHT=

No comments:

Post a Comment