Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I have the best MOM in the world!

Yesterday at work I got asked about a recipe for my yummy ginger snap cookies. My mom gave me that recipe with a collection of her best recipes in a recipe book that she created for me and my sister for Christmas of 2008. I would bet it is 100 pages or more of all the wonderful concoctions I grew up with. I bawled when I got the gift because it was so sweet of her to create such a great thing for us. This morning I called my mom up to tell her that someone wanted the recipe, so what does she do? She dropped everything and emailed me the recipe. What a sweetheart! She has always been like this too! One time my roommate told her she wanted some yummy Momma Prusak bagels and the next day what do we find hanging on our door... a bag of freshly made bagels with a tag on the outside reading "Momma Prusak's Bagels: Guaranteed to bring a smile to your face and your tummy!" How cute!!! I love her to death and could never do her justice in a blog post! Love you mom!

Oh and for those of you who want that cookie recipe you are in luck!

Ginger Snaps Bonnie Smith (my grandma on mom's side)

¾ cup margarine
1 cup sugar*
1 egg
4 T. molasses
2 cups flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. soda

Cream shortening and sugar, and egg. Mix until fluffy. Add molasses. Add dry ingredients mixing thoroughly. Chill dough. Roll into balls. Roll in sugar. Bake at 350o for 10 minutes.

* Can use brown sugar

Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment