Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ashlee made food!

Ashlee is an amazing sandwich maker and today she decided to put those skills towards wraps for lunch! oh so yummy! I ate mine so fast I forgot to even think about taking a picture! Wraps are such a versatile dish. It can be filled with just about any combination of fillings to suit your tastes. Today it was a veggie wrap with romaine, spinach, alfalfa sprouts, bell pepper, tomato (she skipped them on hers :)) cucumbers, green onions, avocados and drizzle of zesty italian dressing! I cannot start to describe how yummy it was!

I also found a recipe on pinterest for baked oatmeal individually made. I decided that was worth a try since I go to work so early in the morning I usually forget to take breakfast. I also took pictures! Finally!


Baked Oatmeal




adapted from: Sugar free mom

1 banana, mashed
2 c applesauce, unsweetened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons xylitol
4 T soy flour
4 T water
5 c, Old Fashioned rolled oats
1 T ground cinnamon
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 3/4 c milk (I used soy)
the sky is the limit with toppings! (no I am serious, the picture above is paprika cashews and raw coconut)

Preheat oven to 350. Put liners in muffin tin and spray with pam. Mash the banana into a large bowl, add the applesauce, vanilla, and xylitol. In a separate small bowl mix the soy flour and water until it forms a paste. Add paste to banana mixture. Add oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and mix. Add the milk and mix thoroughly. It will be soupy. add 1/4-1/3 cup mix to each cup. Top with any toppings you want. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment