Saturday, January 19, 2013

Raw Granola

Hi there! I am sorry that it has taken me several days to write. I have struggled with work and church problems and can't seem to find the energy to write on top of that. I did lose almost 2 more lbs this week putting me at 213.4. I have made a few fun dishes I will have to blog about in the future.

This weekend I am babysitting my nephews. We went to Wreck It Ralph last night and we loved it! When the boys got up early this morning I put on cartoons (Thomas the Tank Engine) on for them and had the craving for cereal. I always grew up with cartoon saturday morning and cereal. This was a fun flash back!



I got this recipe from a friend in my parents ward. I have no idea where they got it so the credit will go to them.

Raw Granola
by: Scott Gunther adapted by: Krista Prusak

Dry Ingredients:
1 c oatmeal
1 c slivered almonds
1 c unsweetened coconut
1 c dried cranberries or other dried fruit (i used a mix of cranberries, raisins and blueberries)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c chia seeds

Wet Ingredients:
1/3 c peanut butter
1/4 c agave
1/4 c melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix all the wet ingredients together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Store in the fridge.

This recipe is so jam packed with goodness a small serving will really do the trick!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment