Monday, January 7, 2013

Scripture Study

I am going away from the vegan aspect of my life for this post and am going to post about something else that I am loving.

A new way to study the scriptures!

Last 5th Sunday lesson when the bishop discussed doing hard things he also taught us how Elder Bednar reads the scriptures and conference addresses. He reads through and highlights three particular things.

1. The principle and doctrine.
2. The invitation to do good.
3. The promised blessings.

I am following this pattern and have loved it. I have a different color highligher for each one and mark accordingly. I really enjoy how it has made my studying more pointed and with a purpose. It helps me to know the what,why and how of the gospel.

If you are interested in learning more from Elder Bednar look into his book "Increase in Learning".

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment